Secondly, I am trying to win the $500 Give Me Back My Five Bucks Competition, sponsored by Life Insurance Finder, the life insurance experts. To get some extra entries, I need to list some items on my financial bucket list. Here goes nothing!
1) Get my money back from Norwegian Cruise Lines. Check, check, and double-check. I know that this was a very small goal, but it was super annoying to try to connect with the right department at NCL and I've also been checking my bank statement nearly every day to make sure that the money got credited back. I am glad to put this behind me!
2) Max out my Roth IRA contribution every year until I can't anymore. My wife and I are close to bumping up against the maximum income level a married couple can have and still be eligible to contribute to a Roth, so I need to contribute now while I am still able.
3) Take full advantage of my very generous company 401(k) match. My company matches 100% of my contributions, up to the specified limit of $16,500. I am ineligible to contribute until January, however; they want the employee to work at the company for six months before starting to match. Come January, look out!
4) Save more money for traveling. I really want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro with my dad and two brothers. My dad's getting older (aren't we all?), so I want to be able to go while he's still able.
5) Produce and direct a play. I haven't done this yet, but I'd like to mount a small-scale production with paid actors while shelling out approximately $5,000. I just need to do it!
What items are on your financial bucket list? Let me know in the comments, or, better yet, leave a comment over at Give Me Back My Five Bucks and enter the contest yourself! (You'll just have to give me a kickback if you win. :) )